KKRN programming, programmers, volunteers and station management will strive to fulfill the Mission Statement and General Operating Principles of the organization.
KKRN Mission Statement:
- "KKRN FM is a volunteer-based, listener-supported radio station fostering positive social change and healthy communities by entertaining, informing and educating through diverse music, culture, news, and public affairs programming."
General Operating Principles:
- KKRN will provide listeners with a broadcast service that is friendly and informal, while maintaining the highest standards of technical and programming excellence.
- KKRN will endeavor to broadcast programs that are locally produced, with a global as well as a local content focus.
- The measure of KKRN programming success will be its service and interest to our listening community and that will be determined through listener feedback.
- KKRN will celebrate diversity in the community and on its airwaves.
- KKRN is committed to volunteerism as an essential element in its operations and programming.
- KKRN recognizes and celebrates the efforts on-air and off that make KKRN’s existence possible.
- As a trustee of community resources, KKRN will operate in a fiscally responsible manner.
- KKRN will actively solicit and utilize input and participation by all members of its community in its decision-making.
- KKRN strives to air programs that typically lack media access.
- KKRN fosters an environment that strongly encourages teen involvement and youth participation.